Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 69 - Still doing it wrong!

I know that title covers a lot in my life. This time it pertains to the blog here. I have been so focused on telling everyone what is happening to me here that I forgot that there is a lot happening else where that affects me to!

First and foremost, Christina is doing wonderful at BT Professional Services. She continues to excel and impress the powers that be and they have promoted her. Of course with the economy being in such a wonderful state, she gets a title with no raise. I want the world to know how proud of her I am. She works hard everyday to impress her peers. It brings a challenge back to her life that was missing for so long. I know she is a better person because she can actually do what she is good at.

Another bit of joy that I want to share is that my Grandma and Grampa's dog, Padme just had puppies. Mom went to visit last Sunday and took some pictures. They barely have their eyes open. Tiny black schnauzers. If it wasn't for the Drug dogs they have here that I get to pet from time to time, I would miss my animals all the more. Don't get me wrong, I miss them but, it helps to see the ones here.

I will do my best to share outside things that are going on in my life. Life here at Camp KV is weird right now. We are in a bit of a flux. The new Camp Commandant is making some changes and I may end up moving again. The good news is that I may end up inside a real building instead of the wooden shell they use for housing. I'll keep you posted and post pics when I move.

Also we have some Comedians coming in. No one I have heard of but that just means I wont know all the jokes before they get here. I'll grab a flier and tell you the names later. Speaking of guests, we had another General here and I got to hear his speech to the troops. It's great to see the top level talking to the lowest. He had a lot of good things to say, when I get home ask and I might remember them.

I have found a new joy. Burnout Paradise!!!! This game received moderate reviews but is great in my book. It took awhile to download the extras but I got all the expansions available. There is even a set of toy cars to drive around. For those that don't know what it is, Burnout Paradise is the latest version of a game that yo can race cars, wreck cars, drive like a madman, etc. It is a blast. It relieves stress quick. I just don't advise anyone to drive afterward. Luckily for me I have no wheels here.

Most of my time this week has been working on the commercial internets for Weaver. Little slave driver. Not really, but I still give him a hard time. I don't mind, time is moving quick and that is a good thing.

So I'm down to 9 months and a vacation or two till I go home. The wife and I are working out the details for our time together on the first trip. I'll keep you all posted when we figure out where we are going.

Well, enough for now, time to wreck some cars.

Goodnight all,
Chris

1 comment:

  1. You like paradise? I know the graphics are supposed to be awesome... but.. no crash mode. :-(

    ReplyDelete