Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 188 - Glow Balls in the Night

Get your mind out of the gutter folks!!!

So what happens when you have a bunch of people, bored, and sitting in the dessert at night with a bunch of golf balls, clubs and chem lights. Yeah, the guy in the back laughing has already guessed it. You get a nighttime driving range. Imagine with me, I am walking over to where a friend hangs out at night. On the way there I pass within 100 feet of some shadows in the night, talking, laughing, and I see two glowy objects. Thinking to myself "What a bunch of weirdos." I walk over to the area where my friend would be to find it empty. Putting two and two together, the weirdos are mine. *Shoulders sink while head shakes* I go back and sure enough they are all out there taking turns driving glowy golf balls into the bleak darkness beyond. Of course I had to join in. What? I did say they were my weirdos.

I know its been a bit since I wrote anything. I am ok out here. Looking to the future. They have me busier than before. Also I'll admit, my time has been occupied by a new person in my life. I met a woman back in Orlando while dealing with the divorce. Lori has been a great addition to my life since. To be honest, she is filling some voids that were left by my ex. Obviously with me being over here we have a lot of time to learn about each other. We had a lot of fun while I was there and I hope to have more fun in the future.

I am planning a vacation in about three months. If all goes well I will be hanging out with my old friend Ryan down under. I have three months till then and I will have only two left when I return. That's right folks, I am on the end stretch. I have been here in this god forsaken desert for just over six months. Six more to go. Thanks for all the support and I cant wait to see everyone when I am done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment