Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 368 - I am quite beside myself!

So I got a package in the mail today. Which by itself is very cool. What makes it even more cool is what was inside.

Me.

Yes, I said it right. I was in the package. To explain this, let me tell you what the sender did last August. It will all make sense in the end.

Every year I go to a convention that is currently in Indianapolis, IN. The show is called Gencon. The largest gaming convention in the US and dare I say the world. Well since I am over here I did not get an opportunity to go in 2009. Dominic decided I should go anyways. He took a picture of me and had a full size cardboard standee made. Then he took me to Gencon with him and his wife.

While at the show people got pictures with me, video was made of me, and people even left messages with me. (The back of the standee is covered with well wishes.) Dom took the standee all over the convention. Lets just say I know a lot of people at this show.
I haven't seen any of the pictures yet, nor the video. I wont see that till I get back and go visit I guess. Once I have some of the pictures I will post them to my facebook account.

Its funny this package shows up the same day that registration for Gencon 2010, which I will be attending.

So now I sit in Iraq, well I sit, it stands beside me. Thanks Dominic, The Witts, and all who signed the back of it. Its feels good to be missed.

1 comment:

  1. Someone should check their comments. :p

    Last post had them. Here they are again:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/24072529@N08/sets/72157623285037758/

    ReplyDelete