Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 138 - The day of change

Today I want to share with everyone something I wrote. Occasionally these random thoughts I have form something worth sharing:

- Prison -

Constantine wire isn't necessary to make a prison. Sometimes the prison you are in is in your mind.
We build up prison walls with our choices. Some made freely, some made because to do the right thing there is no choice.
This is not a cry for help for I locked myself away here with my choices. To be honorable, to do the right thing, to be the hero.
When you are the warden and the prisoner, how should you proceed? Free one self to feel better or keep yourself locked away till things are right once again?
I may not break rocks with my hands, but my mind swings a hammer all day, all night.
There are two keys to freedom today. One can only be given from love and desire. The other I hold, one that will save me from my self. Either key will open the door. Both require sacrifice, both require a choice.
Am I not just building the next wall of choices? The next prison? Each choice in life may or may not have a shackle tied to it. One to be carried till the end.
The end, now that's a whole nother matter...


Take from it what you will.

Today I start a journey back to the states. My time is not finished here in Iraq but I must attend to something. I should be around for 2 weeks before heading back. Shoot me an email if you want to see me while I am around. It might be awhile before I come back to Orlando again.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment