Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 40 - I Got Mail!!!

So after I posted yesturday and sat back to watch Die Hard 1 on my computer, I made it about half way when the power to my Hutt went out. Upon going outside to investigate I see a bunch of people down by the post office. When I get there I see some of my fellow ITT guys helping the Marines sort mail. The whole, rain, sleet, snow, blah, blah thing doesnt apply here. Nor does being closed on Sunday. We have had a lot of sandstomrs lately and that can hold up the convoys. The mail is trucked in so if the convoy doesnt go neither does the mail. We get mail about every three days. This particular day we got three sets of mail or ruffly nine days of mail all at once. I took some pictures and then addd myself to the help. The nice thing was that I got a package today. The wife sent me some items I asked for and some she added herself.

I now have my xbox 360 so my evenings will pass by very quick now. Look out Sean, I'm gonna catch up on gamer points now! I got a couple of things of deoderant and such. Chritina included a bottle of Sunflowers because she know the effects it has on me. It's nice to be able to smell something that brings me home. I also got a Hard Drive with copies of my TV shows I am missing. That should keep me busy for a while.

I have added more photos to my flickr account. Some of them are of my new home. I moved in this weekend to my own room. Well its t least four walls and a door. Think a wooden motel 6. Its about the size of my old office and I have my own heat/cold control. I have power, internet, a tv, fridge, and microwave. All but the power i had to supply but at least its home. I have finally unpacked and can relax in a space I call my own. Its noisier than where I was but I can sleep with earplugs. The neighbor loves to play local music loud enough for all to hear, so I have introduced her to AC/DC at a sound level that says I will win if you want to challenge my tollerance for noise.

All in all, not a bad weekend or Monday for that matter. The guys I work with were nice enough to add a phone line to my room. I dont have a number that anyone outside of the military could call but I can call out without having to wait in line to use a phone that has a 30 min time limit. Of course this means the troops here can call anytime they need help but thats what I am here for.

Well, Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment