Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 42 - I accept your challenge!

Tonight was Ellie's BBQ. Ellie is a local that lives and work on base with us. He has a BBQ from time to time. Tonight, I was challenged to a HoneyBun eating contest. One minute to eat a cold honeybun. I needed about 30 more seconds. Dean is a champ at this and beat me with time to spare. I have a new found respect for this kid. Well, not really but I tell him that to make him feel better. Great food and good fun.

Other things of interest I saw today, we have a crew of bomb sniffing/attack dogs on site with us. These very well trained dogs attack on command. Well it seems that a normal thing is for a marine to suit up and be the attackie. They actually request to be the "Dummy." I was offered and passed. Something about only having the jacket and the dogs can go for necks and legs help me decide on passing. I took a few pics and added them to flickr.

Still mourning the hard drive crash. Working on shipping in a replacement. Dont ask my opinion of Seagate at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. SO, what's your opinion of seagate, at the moment? Sorry, had to do it. Same thing happened to my .5 Tb recently too. :-( Reeeeeeallly blows.... well, if you need to recover your pictures... I do still have a copy of that B&W one where we're playing munchkin and you're flicking me off.

    ReplyDelete