Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 54 - Hakuna Matata

Just when I think the Marines I work with can't get any weirder, they take it to a whole new level. Today Coon decided to dress up like Batman. He wore a trash bag over the main part of his body. He used paper towels for the belt and for the mask. He even stapled paper to make ears. The funny thing is, everyone else helped him find things for his utility belt. Wow, is all I can say. Yes folks, it's a bit boring out here.

Today I wasn't bored. I actully had work to do. I started rebuilding some of the servers to optimize how they are setup. Typical government equipment, I had to borrow from another to get the main one working. The main thing is that it worked.

While walking into the chow hall I thought I heard someone say Hakuna Matata. Then on my way to sit down I heard it again. By the time I left the chow hall I was singing the song from the Lion King. Weaver was ready to strangle me. We have some Ugandas here on base and they kept saying it to each other tonight. I had to smile because "Hakuna Matata" and "Never Tell Me The Odds," have always been two of my mottos. I forgot that this last year. It's good to be back.

Take Care Everybody

Chris

PS, Check yourself, if you are not wearing green at the moment you ready this, pinch yourself for me. And for God's sake will someone kiss me, I'm Irish!!! Oh wait, that's right, Scottish...Never mind!

3 comments:

  1. closet check... black, pink, pink, purple, pink, blue, black, pink. Ah to hell with it, pinch me! Green is for army brats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scottish you say? On St. Patrick's Day the Scotts get kicked in the groin instead of kissed. Sorry dude.

    Main worry with Coon would be if he went running around the base whispering "I'm Batman!" to everyone. Well, that and if he tried to actually use the homemade grappling gun......

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm just here for the goin kicking... NO! NOT ME YA' SPAZ!!!"

    ReplyDelete