Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 3 - Van Wilder

So today I was given a new nickname. "Van Wilder" for those that haven't seen the movie, well its funny and worth seeing for some college laughs. I have made a few friends while in captivity, err.. I mean processing. Don and Earl are processing here as well and heading into Afghanistan and Iraq. Don started a conversation with me after spotting the Star Wars book I carried to fend off the boredom. Another friend brought to me from a galaxy far far away.

Did I mention the food here is great. Only one problem, large helpings. I use to need this much food when I was a soldier. Now, I just need to remember moderation.

Tomorrow I get suited up in the TA 50 gear. I will try to post some pictures up here to show off the new gear.

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere."
- Van Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment