Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 7 - Time to go

"I'm leavin on a jet plane. I dont know when I'll be back again."

So we are about to get on board a plane and head to Kuwait. Joy, nothing says fun like a 15 hour flight.

I dont have long but I want to say something for anyone that knows me:

I want everyone to understand that it was my choice to head out on this adventure. I wasn't forced, tricked or played into taking this risk. I made a choice like any other. It is true that Christina and I have had a ruff year. I am not doing this because she made me. I brought this up back when a friend of mine, Greg McKaige, went to Iraq with the same company I am now. At the time I was working for the law firm and Christina was the one that talked me out of it. This was long before the troubles we have now surfaced. When the law fm let me go, I sought out Greg to get the information about ITT. When got what I needed I came to Christina with a plan to correct our fiancial mistakes. We have both been living past our means for quite some time now. Ye, Christina has a great job and I would be able to get a good job if I stayed. The choice I made had little o do with the problems between us, but had everything to do with the problems we were in together.

This is the best way to accomplish several things for myself and my family. Today I truely begin to be responisble. Something I have not been for awhile. It is very inconveinent that the wife and I are having problems. But timing in life is never what we want.

If you truely care for me, are my friend, or believe in me, continue to support me as you are. But please do not forget, Christina is in need of that support as well. She is my Wife reguardless of what is going on between us. I trust her with my life. We will survive this hard year we have just bee through and the year to come. I trust in my faith and our comitment to each other that we will get through this. Come on, has anyone really known me to take the easy road.

Remember this, the only one to blame for me going to Iraq is me. Tread carefully before you judge my wife for my actions. She may not always act as I wish, but I know she loves me. She may not show her fear, but I know its there. She needs your help. She will need our friends and family to help her through a year that I am not there to help her carry out life. Do me a favor, give her a hug for me each time you see her, it still wont be as much as I would but it wil help.

For those that are wondering, Christina and I will be continuing to see the councelor while I am gone. Today is the age of technology. It wont be easy but we will get past or problems and be stronger for it.

Sorry for the spelling and grammer, but i have to go jump on a plane before I get left behind.

I Love you all!!!!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment