Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 4 - Shots and Gear

Today was a very long day with a lot of waiting around. Sadly all we did was process through medical and get issued our gear. During medical I had the pleasure of getting 4 shots in one arm and small pox stabbed into the other. Take a look on Google about small pox, it isn't fun. I think some one plans days like today. "Hey I know, lets give them a bunch of shots and then have them lug around a bunch of heavy equipment." So with a sore arm I lay in my bunk.

The gear was neat, I immediately had to sit down and put it all together. First I assembled the gas mask. Next I worked on the Helmet. Lastly I assembled the TA-50 gear, otherwise known as a flak vest. Its big, bulky, and heavy but will protect me.

Well, playing with the blog site here I have added a few new features to my site and learned about the spell check (Thanks Tammy...Grammar Nazi!) So far the slide show isn't working but it is late and I need sleep. If you want head over to flickr.com and look me up there. I use the same user id so its easy.

Well tomorrow is called death by PowerPoint so I must get some sleep.

2 comments:

  1. "Shot though the arm and the Army's to blame....." -Not quite Bon Jovi

    Oh, be sure to check out the National Guard Depo near D.C. You can find the best version of armor there, the T-51b Power Armor. Well, in Fallout 3 anyways....

    Oh, an speeling iz fer noobs.

    ReplyDelete