Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 8 - The Land of Sand

So after more hours than I can imagine on a flight, here I am. We left Friday mid day and headed for Maine. Next Stop was Germany. Finally we landed in Kuwait City, Kuwait. So then we get off a plane and get on a bus. Ali Al Saleem is the camp we are now at. I have never been so happy to see the Golden Arches. They have a bit of home here. After sorting out gear and assigned a tent in tent city, we headed out for food. There is a McDonalds, but I decided on Pizza Hut. So they tell me I will be here till Wednesday or Thursday and then head to Camp KV. Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and we have nothing to do but relax. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and get an Internet access card. Catch me on IM if you can.

I'm here, I'm safe, and I love you all.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Salom aleikum,your not in Kansas any more. Today is the 30th anniversary of the Iranian revolution where the national refrain is, death to America! Now your in their back yard so watch it.
    It was a warm day and it was nice to feel the sun again and watch the ice slowly recede from the driveway. Being as impatient as I am I chipped a pathway so I could back out the R1200 GS form its berth in the cold garage without busting my ass. Then after a sucessful start your mother and I carefully rode out through all the loose sand to recon the route and parking for Monday's morning commute to the Tulsa County courthouse for jury duty. Looks like a 30 mile round trip and perhaps a welcom break from her routine. Hope she gets a trial otherwise its hours of tedium locked in the basement of the courthouse waiting for five o'clock.
    Later Chris, keep bloggin! The world is a sandbox. Love Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete