Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 11 - Kuwait City

So we went on a field trip today. ITT has an office in town so we went there. Another long set of powerpoints, joy. It was nice to be in a real building again not just another tent. Granted they were just teasing us about the Hard Rock visit. We had a home cooked meal which consisted of Fried Fish dirty rice and a few other things I can't identify and plan to keep it that way. Best to just try it and not ask to many questions. The car ride to and fro was scarry. All Florida Drivers and Tourists at Disney know how to drive compared to here. Between that and the video's I have seen of IEDs, I havent been this scared since the last time my wife drove me somewhere. (Sorry Honey, I had to.)

Tomorrow we find out when we fly. I have a long trip ahead of me, mainly due to the hoping I will have to do. So time to pack up and hope I get a flight tomorrow. Who knows, I may be stuck here for a bit. At least there is McDonalds.

Good Night all,
Chris

3 comments:

  1. Hey brother, good to know you're safe and enjoying pizza hut.... in the middle east.. hmmm... isn't that a long way to go for a pizza? Quick question... you know in vietnam and japan squid is one of the most populare pizza toppings... do they have a "local favorte" there? Like... idunno... sand ... or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Babe! Just heading to bed but wanted to check in on you. Didn't get picked for that murder trial, I really didn't want to be in that jury so I have to go back tomorrow and sit and wait to see if they pull my name out of that metal box for another trial. It's very menotenous just waiting around. Lots of people cat naping, trying to read, playing cards and just visiting. I'll take the laptop tomorrow, maybe I can get something done with my Team OK stuff. It's 10:30 and I have just come back with a power talk for the past two hours with my friend Sue. She now has a new puppy so I don't worry quite so much about her but for some reason she wanted to talk tonight. Please keep her in your prayers, after the childhood that she had I can't believe she is a normal person. I expect her demons will posess her for ever. It's just such a shame what some fathers will do to their daughters while the mother burys her head in the sand. Gota go! I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever the local favorite is, let's hope they didn't cook it up and call it pepperoni.. or chicken mcnuggets.

    Next week, I'll be a Texan. I have escaped the embarrassment of towing my car with Johns by opting for a U-Haul trailer that John can tow while I take baby in the Infiniti. Most of our stuff will just stay behind for a few months until we decide things are rock solid there. We'll have Maximus and the 4 kitties split between us, so it should be a crazy trip. Hopefully yours will be a little less insane, but safe above all. We gamed last friday. They made me play a dwarf. A male dwarf. A CLERIC. WTF? Missed you.

    ReplyDelete