Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 20 - Fiber!!! It's not just for breakfast anymore

Just another day. Granted it had some cool things I wanted to share with you all. First off, I got to sit in wit the Marines I work with as one of them taught a class on fiber. It was even hands on! We went over the basics, looked at the different cables the Marines use and then learned how to splice cable. I know, not that exciting for some of you, but I am a geek and this was cool. Plus, Dean (the guy teaching the class) is a Star Wars geek. Though, two things were brought up, one, I am the foremost expert on all things Star Wars. Second, I am the old man around here. With the exception of the Gunny Sergent, I am the old man on campus but at minimum of 2 years.

Tonight the sky was so clear. I haven't seen this many stars since i lived out in the country in Oklahoma. It is beautiful.

May Orion keep a watchful eye over us all.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Guess who gets to do the wiring next time I buy a house!!!

    ReplyDelete