Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 23 - Another BBQ and a day of relaxation

So what does one do that is stuck in a small camp with nothing to do? Well, watch movies, hang out with co-workers, cleanup your area. That's about it. Toss in a computer game or two and there you have it. I spent the day doing exactly that. We have laundry service here so all you have to do is drop it off and pick it up later that day. You clean a fine layer of dust off of your stuff. This stuff truly does get everywhere. I may not be in my final room but I spent the day making what I have more comfortable. I wish I could say I slept in but when you get up between 4-6am everyday, you do it again on your day off.

So you may be wondering how someone all the way over here deals with Valentines Day? Simple, friends. I contacted Jim and asked him to run a delivery for me. I had him pickup a potted orchid and drop it off at the house. I had it all worked out, the wife would be gone for the day and when she got home I would director her to it. Alas, I miss calculated and my wife is House sitting for her parents in Titusville. So I had to settle to tell her about it. The roommate was able to bring it inside for her. Se was surprised, mainly because she feels its a commercial holiday that shouldn't exist. I know she feels this was, but hell, I love an excuse to do something for my wife. Granted she is right, don't wait for an over marketed day to tell the one you Love how you feel. Buy flowers because its Wednesday sometimes. Always let them know how much you love them. You never know when you will get to show it again.

1 comment: