Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 14 - Artoo, Artoo it is You!!!

So I found R2-D2. My trusty Droid friend greeted me at Camp Al Asad. The post office had made R2 shaped mailboxes and low and behold I found one they hadn't pulled out of service. I took a picture of him. I'll post it up later. So as I mentioned yesturday I started my trip at 1600. At Al Asad, I had to wait till the early morning to catch a flight out to Camp KV (Korean Village.) Since I had to be there so early and didnt want to lug the body anywhere like a tent accross the camp, I decided to just stay up. So this morning I flew in a helicopter over to my final duty station. This was my first helicopter ride. It was a very smooth ride. I expected worse and even had a barf bag with me just in case. I was solid though, I guess hanging out with the Marines is tuffin me up. Maybe not.

So here I am. I was given the grand tour by the guy I am replacing. Both of us have been up for too many hours. So Monday we will meet and start my job over here. I am now back in the Wild West, or maybe the Wild East... I will talk more about the camp later, for now I am going to go rest up.

"You came in that thing, you're braver than I thought!"
- Princess Leia

4 comments:

  1. square dancing w/ planes... "...and it's on to the next..."


    btw... if the bad jokes didn't say it all... VEgXrQx9l4wV (etc...) = Sean

    Hmmmm... love that new OpenID tech... very user friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH OH... I wanna add a quote too!!! "Negative, I am a meat popsicle." -Corbin Dallas

    Hmmm... maybe I can find some way to substitute that for my stupid, cryptic OpenID thingy. :-)


    ... but seriously folks..

    Stay safe, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY glad to hear you made it to the "All your base belong to the middle of nowhere". Can't wait to see the new pics. Oh, and I had a feeling that VEgXrQx9l4wV_hBIXVq5LDX7Q4U was Sean. Come to think of it isn't that the name of one of Superman's arch-enemies? Oh, wait, that was Mr. Mxyzptlk, never mind. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Mxyzptlk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you made it! I'll trade you 200lbs of gear for 4 cats, a great dane and a baby ANY DAY. We're packed and heading west today. YEEHAW!

    ReplyDelete