Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 18 - Sandstorm

Another day done. The guy I am replacing was planning on staying awhile for overlap, now he is ready to pack and go. It seems I already have the hang of things. Went spent the day building a server. I wish I could tell you its fun but it envolves large amounts of time waiting for the computer to ask you to hit next again. Gotta love it.

Today we had a sandstorm. I missed it coming in,I was told it looks like he scene in the Mummy when the storm sweeps up the plane. All I saw was the sky turn orange when I opened the door. It was very windy and hard to keep the sand out of your eyes and mouth. It wasn't to bad, I was able to walk to the mess hall and have lunch without any major issues.

I got to talk to the wife today. I am uplifted and can smile again. She mentioned that I was being upbeat on our calls and somber on my tone here. It's hard to say why, other than my emotions flow through the words I write. If I am down a bit when I write this, it shows. One could even say that maybe when on the phone I am putting on a strong act to keep people from worrying. Know this, there are times here where I laugh, joke, and play. There are times here where I cry, mope, and pout. It's not really any different than if I was at home. Life isn't horrible here, a bit boring but not horrible. I miss a lot of people and things about home. I am not suffering. Heck my laundry is even done for me. I just have to drop it off and pick it up. I get 3 solid meals a day if I choose. I have a simple job that allows me ample time to study and learn more about it. Most of all, I am able to support my family in a way that I couldn't do any other way right now.

Do not worry about me, be happy for me that I continue to have opportunity to live. The day that I cannot do that, worry.

Oh, Tony, the guy that I am replacing keeps trying to tell me it's going to snow here. What's that they say, "When Hell freezes over!"


Good Night All
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment